Monday, March 3, 2014

Just Peachy


"Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others."
Philippians 2:3-4

It was a very busy day today. After coming off of a wonderful weekend, I was reminded that I also seem to have to "reprogram" not only my kids back into our normal routine, but I too have to get back into my mothering routine.

God has a "funny" way to remind us of His sweet word because JUST this morning during my devotional time, the Lord ministered to me through Philippians 2:3-4, of how we are to focus on other people's needs instead of our own and that we are to be servants to one another. Hmm, I don't think I was as quick to serve my sweet little ones today. It was easy to look to them to have it all together when in themselves, they can't.

Once that was revealed, by God's grace, I was able to extend more grace to them, and I asked and depended on the Lord for MORE grace! Whew! The blessings of motherhood. Those little ones truly are blessings.

In the midst of this crazy and hectic day, I was able to create two peach tea recipes. Here they are:

Creamy Peach Rooibos Tea
1 bg of Celestial Seasonings Country Peach Passion tea
1 bg of Twinning Pure Rooibos tea
1/2 cup of Plain Greek yogurt
Sweetener

I loved the creamy, yet sour taste it gave. The aroma from the peach tea brewing was amazing to smell!

During my Mother-Daughter time, Nelly and I had some tea. She drank some French Vanilla tea by Bigelow with Coffee-Mate's Peppermint Mocha creamer. She enjoyed it. I enjoyed this tea recipe! I think it'll also taste good cold too.

Cinnamon Peach Spice Tea
1 bg of Bengal Spice tea
1 bg of Country Peach Passion tea
1 tb of heavy cream
1/2 cup of almond milk

I added some Cool Whip (I know I said that I was going to stop. I thought to wait and see if Sam's club carry a bulk size of Reddi Whip. LOL). All in all, it made that hot tea taste even better! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment