Monday, March 10, 2014

Back Into The School Groove


We were able to have school today in the Hodges home. The week before, the kids were sick and then I was sick last week. So, it felt good to be able to teach the kids today.

To help make Mondays better, I've decided to change some things around. I'm not sure if it helped because we still finished late. But, I think it was due to having a late start. I wanted the kids to get that extra hour that was lost yesterday. So, we'll see how the day will go tomorrow.

Nelly and I are still reading Girl Talk. I really love this book. It's encouraging (and challenging) me to talk to her about various issues like boys, beauty, and other things. It was a great time. During our time together, we enjoyed our favorite ice tea. We call it "Fake Me Out Ice Coffee". I called it that because it tasted a little like coffee, but I knew it was tea. Here's the tea recipe:

Fake Me Out Ice Coffee
1 bg of Bigleow' English Tea Time (or you can use Oolong tea)
1 bg of Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice tea
1 tb of heavy cream
1 cup of almond milk

After we had our time together, we had dinner and then I let the kids run around outside. It was later than usual, but they were able to get some fresh air before going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment