Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Tea Protein Shakes!!

I've been missing in action for quite some time. But, you could still find me in my kitchen trying to come up with my own tea recipes.

I'm constantly trying to figure out a way to enjoy a nice hot or cold cup of tea with a creamy creamer without all of the added calories or sugars. I know I could have tea WITHOUT creamer....but that isn't me. LOL I've GOT to have some CREAM!!

Since I've become a tea lover, I have also gained back some UNWANTED WEIGHT!! (sigh) I'm not sure if it's coffee creamer, age, or just must needed hard work to loose it again. BUT, I praise God that I'm not TOTALLY at my old weight. I just want to nip it in the bud in CASE.

So, I've been working in my kitchen and searching the good old pinterest trying to come up with a solution. Then I found CASHEW CREAM!! When I found this recipe, I felt like, "Where have you been all of my life!!?) Here's the best recipe for cashew cream.

One day, I has some unused cashew cream in the fridge. I had just brewed some Java tea, mixed with some caramel sauce. I decided to add some of the cashew cream in it. I blended them together and it was GREAT!! I'll have to try the recipe again.

Since then, I've been trying to figure out how well to blend the cashew cream with other teas. It wasn't turning out so well. So, I paused with doing that and started trying to mix tea with my protein powder. Psst...I honestly wanted to make a copy cat version of Bolt Farms Chai Protein Smoothie. No luck yet.

But, I have come up with a nice Rooibos Protein Shake. Here's the recipe.

5 cups of Rooibos tea
1 jar of cashew cream

Blend them together and pour into jars.

When you are ready for your protein shake, pour a jar of the Rooibos drink into the blender with a scoop of protein powder. Add stevia for a sweeter taste. Then enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment