Monday, December 29, 2014

Sweet & Spicy Coconut Tea!!

I love a variety of tea flavors. There are some tea flavors I prefer more than others. Like Celestial Seasoning's Decaf Sweet Coconut Thai tea. I like it, but it's not one of my "must haves". Well, as I made a stop in the tea section at a local grocery store, I saw a box and contemplated if I wanted to buy it. I decided not to get a box because I didn't think I would use it. Well, guess what!? Yup! Today was the day when I wanted to fix a cup of that tea and I didn't have ANY! Boo! LOL

I just started a new "diet" plan and I thought it would have been a nice "reward" for me sticking to my meal plan today. I WANTED that spicy coconut taste!! (growling) LOL Then BING! The Lord gave me a sweet idea! I had some coconut flakes in the cabinet. I also had some Good Nature's Sweet and Spicy as well. I wasn't sure how it was going to taste, but I decided to give it a try.

I added a cup of water, a sweet & spicy tea bag, and about 3 tablespoons of sweeten coconut flakes and boiled them all together. It turned out GREAT!!

I'm so thankful that the Lord gave me that sweet idea. I tell you, He truly is the One Who can help us to be creative. Here's my recipe. I called it, Sweet & Spicy Coconut Tea

1 cup of water
1 Sweet & Spicy tea bag
3 tablespoons of Sweetened Coconut Flakes
2 tablespoons of half & half

Boil the tea and coconut flakes together. Then pour in the half & half and enjoy.

When I do purchase a box, I'll make my other drink (that I really wanted to make tonight)

Coconut Delight

2 bags of Sweet Coconut Thai tea bags
1/4 cup of Coconut cream (or you could use about 1/2 cup of coconut milk)
2 tablespoons of hal & half

Mix and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment