Friday, September 12, 2014

Sweet Potato Pie Latte

Although it's not Thanksgiving yet, I can't help to think about Sweet Potato Pie whenever I see anything about Pumpkin Pie. Growing up in Maryland, I never tasted (or even heard of) pumpkin pie until I was in college. LOL

When I finally tasted it, it didn't compare to my mother's sweet potato pie. Til this day, my mind goes back to seeing her staying up late on Thanksgiving Eve fixing them for our guest. After enjoying all the delicious foods, I'm ready to eat some of my mother's SWEET POTATO PIE!!

So, whenever I see Pumpkin Spice, my mind wonders, "What about Sweet Potato Pie?" I made it my MISSION to come up with a Sweet Potato Pie Creamer!! Yesterday, I succeeded!! LOL (holding my hands up like a mad scientist). Here it is.

Sweet Potato Pie Creamer
1/3 cup of Yams
1/2 cup of Chai tea
1 cup of plain coffee creamer
1 cup of brown sugar
1 Tbsp of butter
1 Tsp of cinnamon
1 1/2 Tsp of Nutmeg
1 Tsp of vanilla

Smash the yams into mush (I used canned yams). Put into a small sauce pan. Add the other ingredients and mix them all together. Let it cool. Pour it into several jars. Then place into the fridge.

This morning, I pulled it out and made this.

Sweet Potato Pie Latte
1/2 cup of the Sweet Potato Pie Creamer
1/2 cup of Java Mate Tea
1 Tsp of Stevia

Blend it all together and enjoy.




I hope to figure out a non-dairy version soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment