Monday, September 22, 2014

No Stevia, No Java Mate

"If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him." James 1:5

I've never been one to get headaches. The only time I would get one is after a really busy and exciting event. But, for the past couple of weeks, I have been getting headaches for 2 days straight!! I'm one who would pray and ask for wisdom quick!! I take James 1:5 LITERALLY (as one should of course!)

Well, I noticed that after I would drink something with stevia in it, I would get a headache. I googled it (the quick "go to" for questions) and I discovered that many others would experience headaches after consuming some stevia. So I threw it away.

I fixed me a Java Mate Pumpkin Latte. After I drank some, I was beginning to feel tired and weak. "Could it be the Java Mate?" I wondered. As I drank some more, I felt fatigue again. So, I just threw it away as well.

So, I fixed me a "Cashew Cinnamon Stick" drink. I love the cinnamon taste. Here's the recipe:

4 bags of Bigelow's Cinnamon Stick tea bags
5 cups of water

I also made a copycat version of Starbucks' Cinnamon Dolce Syrup. I got the recipe here. I poured it in with the Cinnamon tea.

I then made cashew cream. I used this recipe here.

Then I poured the Cinnamon Tea and the cashew cream into a blender to mix it all together. Then I poured it into a pitcher.

When I poured a cup for myself, I confess, I got a little carried away by adding whip cream (I know, why go vegan on the creamer and NOT with the whip cream. Smh. I did have coconut milk in the fridge too. I was being lazy! LOL) Then I had the NERVE to sprinkle it with some cinnamon-sugar!!! LOL

It was good! LOL
\

No comments:

Post a Comment