Sunday, March 2, 2014

My Husband's Birthday Weekend!!

My husband's birthday was yesterday. Him and I wanted to use this weekend as a time for us to spend time alone without the kids. We dropped them off on Friday and from there, it was just him and I!! It's always nice to get alone with Matt. It helps us to really talk about our marriage and family. We did a "DIY Marriage Retreat" guide that was really helpful. I greatly encourage all couples to try this. We weren't able to finish it, but we hope to do it next week.

Along with all of the fun, romance, and excitement, I was still able to try some different tea flavors. As we were dropping the kids off, I tried a different blend with my basic Yogurt Tea mix. Here's the recipe:

Lemon-Rooibos Tea
1/2 cup of Plain Greek yogurt
Sweetener






Then we went to the THRIFT STORE!! I'm always on the look out for a nice coffee mug. It's amazing of how there are SO MANY coffee mugs at the thrift store! I mean, why spend a lot of money when you could find plenty at the thrift store for under a buck?! I found four white porcelain mugs. I plan to decorate them. So, look for that post once they are done. I hope to start Lord willing, tomorrow night. Here's what I found.





We had dinner at the Olive Garden. I confess, I was tickled when the waiter brought out the tea box. If it were up to me, I would of had him stand there a long time so that I could look at the different teas that they had, but of course, I couldn't do that. LOL I tried their green tea. You know?! Green tea has a specific taste that isn't too strong, but yet can be. I know that probably didn't make sense. LOL As always, I added some cream to it. Psst! I've never had tea without creamer. That just isn't my CUP OF TEA!! (wink) LOL


Then on my husband's big day, we got all dressed up (I even got my NAILS done!) and had dinner at Sullivan's Restaurant. Believe me, it was just a one time thing. But, it was still nice to do something different. The last time that we went all out like that was in 2000 and that was on our WEDDING DAY! LOL Believe me, I'm not mad. It just goes to show how the blessing of ministry and family can take up all of your time that you don't really worry about doing things like that. It's so good to be fulfilled in Christ! 

I ordered some tea. They also had a box of tea (good thing I got some "experience" at the Olive Garden). When she brought the box...I must confess, I REALLY wanted to study it. They had some VERY interesting tea flavors. I could tell that they were truly the "good kind". But, my poor waitress didn't seem to be willing to stand so long holding it. LOL So, I picked a Cinnamon Spice flavor and added cream and sweetener to it. It made it taste really good.


All in all, we had a great time. It's always nice to spend time together alone as a couple. I'm so thankful!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment