Friday, February 21, 2014

Tea Tripping!!

Okay! Some may get it and some may not. But, it seems like I've become a tea lover for about 2 years now. How did I start, you ask? Well, it started when I decided to find something sweet to have instead of the normal cakes, cookies, and ice cream. Although tea doesn't come close, but it helped.

When I tried Bigelow's Cinnamon tea with a creamer...I was hooked!! Then I started trying different types of teas with matching creamers and I was even more hooked. My sweet husband and family are very "supportive" of my tea crazed. In fact, I've got my daughters hooked on tea too. LOL

But, here lately, I (about a year) I've noticed that adding creamer and sugar wasn't good on the body (added pounds - boo!). So, by the help of prayer and wisdom, the Lord has helped me to discover another way to enjoy my teas with a tablespoon of heavy cream and almond milk. And to sweeten it, I've come to try Splender, Truvia, or Stevia. I'm still trying to figure out which sweetners are "better". But, all in all, I love how it "helps" to not have sugar added to it.

Well, I wanted to do this in order to write and share the different tea recipes I've tried. I've come to enjoy making teas. It's so fun and relaxing. Just another "craft" that I can do. I've even got my girls into trying the different teas that I've come to mix.

So, I hope to use this blog to post my recipes, teas that I'd like to try (and have tried). So, we'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment