Tuesday, February 25, 2014

No Sugar! Boooo!

Now that I'm totally into using alternatives to sugar in my teas, I've become use to it. I usually have a sweetener for my tea, but this last grocery shop, I choose to try another brand instead (Man!). So, I only had a few packets of Stevia and I wanted to use them "wisely". LOL

I wish I had some Splendar (my favorite brand so far. I heard that there's some added sugars in there too, but..) because I came up with two blends to try. I had enough Stevia to get a little taste, but I'm sure if I had my Splenda, it would of tasted GRRRRREAT (sounding like Tony the Tiger)!

I tried Twinnings Pure Rooibos Tea mixed with Celestial Seasonings Tangerine Orange Zinger Herbal Tea, it was a nice morning drink. Then for to drink with my lunch, I mixed Twinning Pure Rooibos Tea with Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice tea. I always wanted to have a cinnamon taste with my Rooibos tea and this recipe gave me that. For my time with my daughter, she requested Vanilla Chai tea. We had ran out of it, sooo, I was able to mix Bigelow's decaffeinated Spice Chai with their decaffeinated French Vanilla. It tasted similar to Vanilla Chai.

Here are the tea recipes:

Orange Cream Morning Tea
1 bg of Tangerine Orange Zinger Herbal tea
1 bg of Rooibos tea
1/2 cup of plain Greek yogurt
Sweetener

Creamy Cinnamon Rooibos Tea
1 bg of Bengal Spice tea
2 bgs of Rooibos tea
1/2 cup of plain Greek yogurt
Sweetener

French Vanilla Spice Chai
1 bg of French Vanilla tea
1 bg of Spice Chai
1 cup of Almond milk
1 tb of heavy cream
Sweetener

I hope you'll enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment